To date, there are more than 1.8 billion websites. If you want your website to stand a chance and to stand out on the web, you have to make sure that your site is using the latest technologies and design trends.
In this article, we have provided you with some of the hottest and latest trends in web design, to help you win the competition.
1. Your website has to be mobile responsive
Your website must be mobile-optimized for two main reasons:
First, since mobile usage has grown exponentially in recent year, your site visitors will simply move to another site if your site is not mobile responsive.
Second, Google is prioritizing mobile-optimized sites and will demote your website in search engine results solely for not being responsive.
Therefore, one of the most important things that you need to do is to be sure that your site is 100% mobile responsive. Your website should help visitors and ensure comfortable viewing and simple navigation from any device. As we said, it will not only help you improve your browsing experience, but will also promote you in Google search results.
2. Simple design
You do not want your message to get swallowed up in a too complicated design. A complicated design is not only difficult to use and confusing, but it can also slow the site’s loading speed and impair user experience.
The best sites online are designed in a simple way that attracts the attention of the visitor directly to the message that you wish to convey.
What to do:
- Use colors that are warm and welcoming.
- Use matching colors known as color schemes. Here is a great tool that can help you find the best schemes online.
- Be sure your colors are consistent with your banding.
- Don’t be scared to use white spaces – they help your message to stand out.
- Most of the sites background sections should be white or light gray.
3. Provide an excellent user experience:
Providing a good user experience can sound a difficult thing to do. However, if you follow some simple rules that I will list below, you can be sure that your overall experience will be great.
What not do?
- Don’t automatically play music to your site visitors
- Don’t auto play videos (unless the sound is muted)
- Don’t force them to do anything on the site.
What yes to do?
- Ask your agency to create for you a clean looking site with white spaces.
- Use beautiful fonts (We recommend using Lato, Quicksand, and Open Sans).
- Make the navigation extremely simple to understand and to use.
- Use a navigation bar that follows the visitor when he scrolls the page down.
- Use great and relevant images that convey your message.
4. Be interactive
Your site visitors, like to feel part of the magic, so if you create the illusion that they are causing things to happen, you can catch their attention for a longer time.
You can achieve this goal by asking your web designer to add some simple animations to various parts of your site.
For example, when a visitor hovers over an element on the site, the item will change the image, add a border, change color or add a subtle shadow.
Using these types of animations will allow your visitors to enhance their user experience, and they will feel that the site is interacting with them.
However, Do not forget to make sure that all the features you add, are user-friendly, work and respond from any device and do not hurt the message you are trying to convey.